Are you tired of those bad smells invading your refrigerator? Don’t worry, there are simple and effective solutions to overcome this problem. In this article, we invite you to discover top 5 tips to remove bad odors from your fridge.
1. Coffee grounds
Coffee grounds are an excellent ally to combat bad odors in the refrigerator. Indeed, this substance resulting from the roasting of coffee has absorbent properties which make it possible to neutralize unpleasant odors. To use it, just follow these steps:
- Open a can of coffee grounds and place it at the bottom of the fridge
- Change the coffee grounds approximately every 15 days
- Note that you can also use used tea bags, which have similar properties
Don’t forget to clean your fridge regularly to prevent new odors from appearing.
2. Baking soda
Baking soda is a natural product with multiple virtues, especially in terms of deodorant. It helps to neutralize the bad odors present in your refrigerator. Here’s how:
- Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with half a liter of water
- Dampen a clean cloth with this solution and wring it lightly
- Pass the cloth over the walls, shelves and drawers of the fridge
- Let dry without rinsing
Your refrigerator will regain all its freshness and will be rid of bad smells.
3. White vinegar
White vinegar is also an effective solution to fight against bad smells in the fridge. Thanks to its acidity, it is able to disinfect and neutralize unpleasant odors. Follow these simple steps to use it:
- Mix one part white vinegar with three parts water
- Clean the inside of the refrigerator with this solution, insisting on the areas where there are bad odors
- Leave on for 30 minutes then rinse with clear water
This trick will not only eliminate odors, but also to thoroughly clean your fridge by eliminating the bacteria responsible for bad odors.
Cork stoppers are a natural and ecological solution to absorb bad smells from the fridge. Indeed, cork has absorbent properties that allow it to capture unpleasant odors. To use it, all you need to do is:
- Collect some corks
- Place them in a bowl or plate
- Place this container at the bottom of the fridge
Change caps regularly to maintain optimum efficiency.
5. Warm milk
Warm milk is a little known but very effective trick to eliminate bad smells from the fridge. To do this, follow these steps:
- Warm half a liter of barely warm milk (be careful not to boil it)
- Mix it with a tablespoon of baking soda
- Soak a clean cloth in this solution and clean the inside of the fridge
- Leave on for 15 minutes then rinse with clear water
Warm milk quickly and durably eliminates bad smells, while bringing a touch of freshness to your refrigerator.
What should be remembered?
To eliminate bad odors from the fridge, several natural and effective solutions are available to you: coffee grounds, baking soda, white vinegar, corks or lukewarm milk. Feel free to try these tips and adopt the one that best suits your situation to find a cool and pleasant fridge.