Tired of the chemicals in commercial dishwashing liquids? You want to opt for a more natural alternative, ecological and economical? It’s time to find out how to make your own homemade dishwashing liquid. This simple and quick solution to prepare will allow you to significantly reduce your environmental impact and save money on your budget.
The essential ingredients for an effective and natural dishwashing liquid
To concoct a high-performance homemade dishwashing liquid, here is the list of ingredients to obtain:
- Baking soda : A component with multiple virtues that absorbs odours, gently cleans and degreases.
- White vinegar : A very powerful natural cleaner and disinfectant that leaves a shiny and streak-free surface.
- Black soap : A natural and biodegradable product which has excellent cleaning and degreasing properties.
- Water: The essential element to dilute and mix the other ingredients.
The easy and quick recipe for homemade dishwashing liquid
To prepare your eco-friendly dishwashing liquid, follow these simple steps:
- Heat some water : Fill a saucepan with about 1 liter of water and heat it.
- Add baking soda : Stir 2 tablespoons of baking soda into the hot water and mix well until completely dissolved.
- Add white vinegar : Then pour 250 ml of white vinegar into the saucepan and mix gently. Be careful, the mixture will foam slightly.
- Add black soap : Finally introduce 2 tablespoons of liquid black soap into the preparation and mix well to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Let cool and transfer to a bottle : Let your homemade dishwashing liquid cool before pouring it into a pump bottle or a clean empty bottle. You can use a funnel to make pouring easier.
Tips for improving your homemade dishwashing liquid
Do you want to personalize your ecological dishwashing liquid? Here are some tips to adapt it to your needs:
Naturally perfume your dishwashing liquid
To bring a pleasant and personalized scent to your dishwashing liquid, you can add a few drops of essential oils. Lemon, lavender or peppermint: choose the aroma that suits you and pour 10 to 20 drops into the preparation once cooled.
Reinforce the degreasing power
If your homemade dish soap needs a boost to break down stubborn grease, just add a tablespoon of baking soda to it. This natural component will reinforce the action of black soap and baking soda to get rid of the toughest greasy residue.
Soften water for a streak-free rinse
If your water is particularly hard, it can leave white marks on your dishes after rinsing. To overcome this problem, consider adding a tablespoon of sodium percarbonate to your homemade dishwashing liquid. This natural ingredient will act as a water softener and make rinsing your utensils easier.
Why make your own dishwashing liquid?
Adopting an ecological homemade dishwashing liquid has several advantages:
- Environmental protection : By using natural and biodegradable ingredients, you help reduce water pollution and the production of plastic waste.
- Your family’s health : By opting for a chemical-free dishwashing liquid, you limit the risk of allergies and skin irritation linked to the irritants present in industrial formulas.
- The savings made : The ingredients needed to make this homemade dishwashing liquid are inexpensive and can be produced in large quantities. This will reduce your spending on household products.
Don’t wait any longer, take action and try this simple and effective recipe now to clean your dishes while respecting the environment and your skin!